All 12 art Reviews

Monastery of Ice Monastery of Ice

Very Nice

This is a really well done picture, especially since its a speedpainting (it would take me a few hours to get this much done).
I don't know if you used a reference photo or if it was manually drawn up, but the tone of the image is set very well. I like the way only the tops of the mountains and the building are lit, and the addition of just one person works perfect to build a sense of scale.
If there were any critiques I could give of any kind, it would be that the rocks could have been more detailed (it's a speedpainting, so it's not a big deal), the shading on the top right building makes it seem like it's half transparent at first glance, and the windows on the left one would be at a very odd angle if you were actually there. They're perfectly level with the outer edge of the painting, but not the building itself.
Anyways, nice work. This picture has been the background on my Xbox for quite some time now.

Sacrifice Sacrifice

Nice.

I really like this painting, everything looks like what it's supposed to be. The subject matter is rather dark, and yet it's done with the lightest tones of colours, using only shades of red, white, and brown. And the plain white background really adds to the style and conflicting tones of the picture. However I have to say, a T-Rated painting with a bright coloured bunny for a thumbnail really made the actual picture catch me off guard for a moment. No matter how many violent movies I watch, a cut wrist always seems so unsettling to me. :P
Any, good job on this.

Mountain Mountain

Well done!

This is a very well-painted piece, but my only problem with it is the water. Is it frozen? If it's not, then you forgot to add reflections to it, and that's very important. And another thing about the water is the rock it's touching in the picture. It's obvious that the girl is highly elevated. but the rock right beside her blends with it as if it's connected which messes with the perspective.
Everything else looks nice and organic, with a nice feeling of depth. Gud job.

z28ump responds:

The water was just poorly done I'll admit. I was honestly at a loss of what I needed to do to make it look beleiveable, and it ended up never really getting touched. Didn't see the problem with the rock until now though. Thank you for the well thought out review. I appreciate it.

Destruction of a world Destruction of a world

Superb.

This is quite a good piece of work here. The colour and lighting is great. The only problem I have with it is that for a vast and open area like outer space, I seems relatively flat. Adding some depth to this would make it even better than it is already. Peace.

The canyon The canyon

Nice

While this is good, it's not your best work. The point where the sky and the rocks collide don't really fit together very well. The fact that the rocks are so bumpy and jagged makes it seem unusual that the horizon is almost flat. It looks like you photoshopped the canyon onto a space canvas, and a beautiful one at that. If you did paint the grand canyon in this picture, you did a superb job, though.

Gallardo 2178 Gallardo 2178

Pretty Good

This is actually a really cool wallpaper. It's seems to have a lot of detail and style. Nice job.

N0RM responds:

Thanks!

IncomingDarkness IncomingDarkness

Awesome...

I really like this.

HypnoCircles HypnoCircles

I really Like It...

It's very simple yet looks pretty cool

Dead Planet Dead Planet

Sweet...

How do you make that sun glare? I have gotten close to it but I never seem to get it right.

Watcher Watcher

Nice...

You seem to like painting pictures of giant robots in dark places looking down on one person. You did twice now.